Oreo’s are probably the most recognized store bought cookie known to mankind. A lot of that is due to great advertising, but what keeps the Oreo so relevant is the taste, they’re so fucking delicious! It’s safe to say that most people have childhood memories of pulling an Oreo apart to lick the frosting off then dipping the chocolate wafers into a glass of milk until they were nice a soggy. The Oreo is such a classic flavour that it has bred a million versions of Cookie and Cream treats; ice cream, cakes and even pudding! And now I’m about to add one more; my Cookies and Cream Cupcakes.
These cupcakes don’t actually have any Oreo’s in the recipe, except for the garnish. But the flavours are all still there to give the impression that you are biting into a fluffy buttery Oreo cookie. And who the hell doesn’t want to bite into that?!
They are the perfect dessert to bring to all of those summer BBQ’s you’ve been invited to. As well as the perfect way to one-up all of your snotty friends that have BBQ’s. So head to the kitchen to whip these puppies up and enjoy!
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes (makes 30-36 large cupcakes)
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
3 cups granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
5 cups AP flour
2 tbsp baking powder
3 cups whole milk
1 cup Mr. Christie’s Chocolate wafers, finely ground in a food processor
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- Cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time, scrapping down the sides of the bowl in between. Mix until fully combined.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and add to butter mixture, alternating with the milk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Add ground chocolate wafers and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into cupcake tins and bake for 18-20 min or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before icing cupcakes.
Cookies and Cream Buttercream Icing (makes enough to frost 30-36 cupcakes)
2 cups unsalted butter
1 bag (1000 g) icing sugar
2 tbsp whole milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup of Mr. Christie’s chocolate wafers, finely ground
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, scrapping down the bowl in between.
- Once all of the icing sugar is combined add the milk and vanilla extract and cream until light a fluffy.
- Finally add the chocolate wafers and cream again until light and fluffy, around 3-5 minutes.
1 cup of dark chocolate
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp packed brown sugar
½ cup cream
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave proof bowl and heat in microwave at 15 second bursts, mixing in between.
- Once all combined you can use right away to drizzle or place in fridge to be used later. It will firm up in the fridge so microwave it again to soften.
- Pipe the buttercream icing onto cupcakes.
- drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- top with a mini Oreo cookie.
- STUFF YO FACE!!
Photos by Kayla Browne from NEAT